Here a focus on What are Hemorrhoids internal and external, symptoms and causes of hemorrhoids disease and our Natural Remedies.
Hemorrhoids are represented by two normal anatomical vascular structures:
- the internal hemorrhoidal plexus, located in the submucosa within the anal canal
- the external hemorrhoidal plexus, located subcutaneously at the edge of the anal orifice.
Whenever the internal hemorrhoidal plexus dilates, there is an increase in the mass of the supporting tissue and the resulting venous swelling is called internal hemorrhoid.
Internal hemorrhoids are organized into three or four pads that create the occlusion of the anal canal and are important in maintaining stool continence. When external hemorrhoidal veins dilate and thrombus, the resulting bluish mass is referred to as external hemorrhoid. This distinction, however, is often overturned by the evolution of the disease for which internal hemorrhoids also prolapse externally after a certain period.
Hemorrhoidal disease is a high-frequency disease that mainly affects the Western population. Hemorrhoids should be treated when they cause symptoms, which are due to vasodilation, swelling and prolapse of the hemorrhoidal venous cushions.
In case of hemorrhoids, symptoms that indicate the probable presence of hemorrhoids are:
- bright red blood loss
- pain at the time of defecation.
Symptoms such as discomfort, itching, prolapse, edema, pain and mucus discharge are often present.
Symptoms worsen when hemorrhoids dilate or prolapse through the anus; frequently the prolapse is accompanied by edema and spasm of the sphincter. Prolapsed hemorrhoids can become infected and undergo thrombosis and the overlying mucosa can bleed very much secondary to the trauma caused by defecation.
The hemorrhoidal crisis can be favored by several factors. For hemorrhoids, the most common causes are:
- lifestyle (sedentary lifestyle, abuse of alcohol and nicotine, incorrect diet, stress …),
- chronic constipation or dysentery,
- incorrect nutrition.
Hemorrhoids herbal remedies
It should be considered that the symptoms of hemorrhoidal disease are supported by venodilation, capillary fragility and local inflammation. Therefore, the use of plant extracts containing flavonoids, anthocyanidins, tannins and saponins can be useful.
Usually for hemorrhoids natural remedies that are recommended in herbal medicine are:
- food fibers, supplements for the treatment of constipation (hemorrhoids are aggravated by constipation),
- herbal drugs containing mucilage, polysaccharides that have a soothing action and can also regulate the bone (thus reducing the effort during defecation),
- herbal drugs containing active ingredients capable of improving venous tone (oral administration and topical application);
- herbal drugs with astringent action (plants with tannins).
Among the drugs for hemorrhoids ESCOP identifies:
- for varicose veins and external hemorrhoids: witch hazel leaves (for its astringent and haemostatic properties), butcher’s broom rhizome;
- for hemorrhoids and chronic venous insufficiency (and also varicose veins): bilberry fruit, butcher’s broom rhizome, sweet clover top, horse chestnut seed.
Our Hemorrhoids natural remedies
For hemorrhoids, effective remedies are those that should allow you to act on both external and internal hemorrhoids. Erboristeria Como offers a complete, effective and completely natural hemorrhoid treatment. Here are the remedies selected and recommended by our online herbalist shop for hemorrhoids: the FitoProct rectal cream (a medical device) and FitoProct capsules.
FitoProct rectal cream is a natural hemorrhoid cream adjuvant in the treatment of hemorrhoidal states, useful for relieving the symptoms of itching and burning. This hemorrhoid cream is without Peg, Parabens, Phenoxyethanol, EDTA and Paraffin and is a Medical Device (find out here how to apply it in its dual use). Here is what the hemorrhoid cream contains:
- polyphenols from a selection of olive leaves, Frantoio, Leccino and Moraiolo varieties (emollient, anti-edema action);
- high molecular weight polysaccharides of Aloe Vera (soothing film-forming action);
- Chestnut tannins (which topically reduce the development of microorganisms, and reduce pain by reducing the sensitivity of nerve fibers). Tannins are astringent substances that exert a local anti-inflammatory action on the skin or mucous membranes. They cause vasoconstriction and therefore dry out the inflamed tissue. Mucous membranes also become dry due to the precipitation of proteins with a decrease in sweating and secretion; in practice, the tannins coagulate the surface layer and the exudate, if present, forming a more effective protective layer; they slow down cell turnover, reduce capillary permeability and narrow the arteries, reducing hyperemia, edema and bleeding;
- hyaluronic acid of vegetable origin (which promotes tissue healing);
- vegetable oils (St. John’s wort, almond), which calm irritation while protecting the mucosa. The Hypericum Oil used is obtained by cold pressing from the fresh inflorescences of Hypericum Perforatum. As for St. John’s wort oil, its use – also asserts Dr. Campanini in “” complementary therapies in geriatrics “- is supported not only by the well-known astringent, anti-inflammatory and healing activities, but in particular by the peculiar anesthetic properties . There is also a clinical study that talks about it:“Estimation of dermatological application of creams with St John’s Wort oil extract”.
Fitoproct urto are tablets for haemorrhoids based on vegetable extracts of Butcher’s Broom*, Myrto PURE 36® (extract obtained from fresh Blueberry berries titrated in anthocyanosides, deriving exclusively from the botanical species Vaccinium myrtillus, as certified by a prestigious laboratory in Berlin and the 1st product on the market with the highest content of anthocyanosides per daily dose) and Chestnut, useful in case of decreased intake or increased need for these nutrients. Butcher’s broom is useful for the functionality of the hemorrhoidal plexus. Here is the reason for these ingredients in Fitoproct URTO capsules:
- extracts of bilberry fruit (vaccinium myrtillus) – reports the Capasso – decrease vascular permeability and improve venous tone and blood flow. The action on microcirculation is due to the anthocyanins with an increase in the resistance of the capillaries by vitamin P-like action. These substances are attributed to antiplatelet actions and to reinforce the internal walls of capillaries and vessels. These compounds cause rhythmic variations in the diameter of the vessels of the microcirculation (which results in a regularization of the blood flow and in the formation of interstitial fluid) and improve the functional disorders of the blood vessels, especially of the capillaries, stimulating their repair capacity and stabilizing the collagen fibers (with also increased synthesis). The protective vessel activity of anthocyanosides appears to be higher than that of flavonoids;
- butcher’s broom (rhizome) is recommended by the German Commission E for the typical disorders of haemorrhoidal disease, such as itching and burning, and for the treatment of problems associated with chronic venous problems, such as pain, heaviness, leg cramps, swelling and itching, due to the astringent and anti-inflammatory properties of the butcher’s broom. Ruscogenin and neoruscogenin, two steroidal saponins, are the main components responsible for the pharmacological activity of the butcher’s broom. Both the drug and ruscogenin cause venule constriction without appreciably expending the arterioles; they also inhibit the increase in the permeability of the venous bed experimentally induced by inflammatory agents. The vascular effects of saponins are believed to be at least in part due to the blocking of adrenergic receptors and calcium channels on venous smooth muscle cells. Unlike horse chestnut, butcher’s broom also has anti-elastase activity, while it has a slight effect on hyaluronidase;
- Chestnut: rich in tannins, venous protector and decongestant.
As always, nature offers us remedies of irreplaceable value to improve the quality of our life.
For any clarification or for more information Contact us.
Follow us on our Facebook and Instagram channels
ALL RIGHT ARE RESERVED, THIS TEXT IS NOT REPRODUCIBLE WITHOUT EXPRESS AUTHORIZATION OF ERBORISTERIA COMO.