Wound healing: by phytoterapy our secret to healing deep wounds, eczema, skin irritations, burns.
Skin is made up of three layers:
- one more superficial (epidermis): it is a covering tissue and is made up of various types of cells, mainly keratinocytes and It has no venous and arterial circulation, except for the basal state, which receives nourishment from the dermis.
- dermis: The dermis is located just below the epidermis, below the dermal-epidermal junction. The thickness of the dermis varies from 0.3 to 3 mm, depending on the areas of the body, and represents the connective tissue of the skin. The elasticity, thickness and support capacity of the skin collaborate from the dermis. The dermis is composed of a dense weave of fibers (elastin and collagen that intertwine giving elasticity to the entire structure of the skin) and a large amount of cells (fibroblasts and macrophages and mast cells) immersed in a substance in the form of a gel, called fundamental substance, which constitutes the means through which oxygen and nutrients from the blood microcirculation are found in the cells of the various tissues and, in the opposite sense, carbon dioxide and metabolic waste pass from the cells to the circulation. Also inserted in the dermis are the sweat glands, hair bulbs, sebaceous cells and nerve structures, as well as the vascular and lymphatic networks.
- hypodermis or subcutaneous connective tissue is the deepest and thickest layer of the skin. It is between the dermis, positioned immediately above the hypodermis, and a very resistant membrane that covers the muscles of the skeleton and, in some cases, lies directly on the bones (sternum), positioned below the hypodermis.
Inflammations, infections, rashes, irritations, wounds, burns, scalds, ulcers and other traumas can temporarily alter the skin layer causing more or less substantial damage based on their severity and duration. Let’s talk about it together and find out how to cure them with valid and safe natural remedies.
Skin irritations, wounds, burns: let’s get to know them
SKIN IRRITATION: It can be due to eczema, dermatitis (atopic, allergic, diaper, contact), erythema, pressure sores. In these cases, topical treatment is generally aimed at skin hydration, the decrease of bacterial colonization, the control of itching and the reduction of inflammation. Skin hydration in particular is important as it helps eliminate skin cracks from which pathogens could penetrate.
WOUND: For wound we mean a continuous solution of the skin. Classification:
- depending on the depth to which the solution reaches the continuous tissue, we can distinguished this type of wounds: superficial wounds and deep wounds; the latter also affect the fascia and the various subfascial structures of connective tissue, so we are talking about the dermis.
- Based on the characteristics of the wound margins, the following are distinguished this type of wounds: linear wounds (determined by sharp and sharp instruments, characterized by clear and continuous edges, without signs of tissue suffering: they represent the ideal conditions for carrying out the repair processes); bruised wounds (caused by sharp instruments, but in association with a pressure higher than the endovascular one: it follows an ischemic suffering of the tissue adjacent to the wound, so the edges appear ecchymotic and therefore destined, depending on the severity of the contusion, to diffuse necrosis or parcel; they must be sutured); lacerated wounds (caused by the most disparate injurious agents, the edges are variously shaped and of irregular thickness, must be sutured).
The wound healing process is a normal physiological phenomenon aimed at restoring tissue continuity after an injury and can be divided into four phases: hemostasis, inflammation (the inflammatory response is activated, characterized by erythema, swelling, often pain), phase proliferative (dominated by the formation of granulomatous tissue and by re-epithelialization; re-epithelialization occurs only when, thanks to the proliferation of the granulation tissue, the possible difference in level between the bottom and the edges of the lesion is filled); wound remodeling, which includes a reorganization of the newly synthesized collagen.Tissues can be repaired through regeneration with complete restoration of form and function, or, if the insult to a tissue is severe, through replacement with connective tissue and scar formation. (NB: even stretch marks are scars!).
BURNS: they are skin lesions due to physical agents (heat, rays, electricity) or chemical agents (strong acids and bases). If they are thermal burns they can be caused by dry heat (fire, electricity, etc.) or by moist heat (water, boiling steam, oil, etc.). According to the depth, 3 degrees of burns are distinguished:
- first degree burns, which affect the most superficial layer of the skin. There is a redness of the skin called “erythema” (eg sunburn);
- second degree burns, which affect deeper layers of the skin and there is usually the presence of vesicles (flittene): in them plasma fluid is exuded;
- third degree burns, characterized by necrosis (death of the skin) at all thickness and the involvement of the underlying layers.The severity of a burn itself depends on the depth and extent of the burned area, but the severity of the patient’s general condition depends on the extent of the burn regardless of depth. The larger the burned area, the more the person’s life is in danger.
Wound healing, irritations, burns: an effective our natural remedy
Skin lesions are visible and easily accessible. Topical treatment is generally preferred as it does not generate systemic effects and is sufficient to improve or resolve a disorder.
The best natural remedies for irritations, wounds, burns, burns, sunburns, will be those moisturizing, soothing, anti-inflammatory. In particular:
- Aloe gel: it is a preparation given by a colorless gel obtained from the central portion of the leaves of various species of Aloe (mainly from Aloe barbadensis, or vera). Mucilaginous parenchymal tissue is cut from fresh leaves and used immediately for pharmaceutical preparations or freeze-dried and kept dry until use. The main components are represented by mucilages and lipids; aloe vera also contains mono and polysaccharides, tannins and glycoproteins, the cyclooxygenase enzyme, saponins, vitamins, minerals. Aloe vera exerts several pharmacological properties that may be beneficial in treating burns or accelerating wound healing, it is the best for sunburn among natural remedies. In particular, aloe vera has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, immunostimulating and anesthetic properties. It is also able to dilate the capillaries and therefore facilitate blood flow and increase the production of collagen and fibroblasts, as well as the number of cross-links to determine the strength and vascular integrity of the new capillaries formed.
- Sodium hyaluronate: today it is the most effective moisturizer existing in nature; sodium hyaluronate causes an increase in the production of new cells within the epidermis.
- jojoba oil: it is a golden yellow liquid wax, rich and light, containing myristic acid and a lot of vitamin E among the active ingredients; it is useful for all skin types, especially for inflamed and sensitive skin, acne and dermatitis. Myristic acid is anti-inflammatory.
Aloe gel, sodium hyaluronate, jojoba oil, we find them to perform synergistic action in Cicaialo gel, a new product that you will find on erboristericomo.it prepared by the Italian phytopreparators (of which we are members), natural and avant-garde healing and healing for wounds deep: cicaialo is in fact a class IIb medical device that performs an adjuvant action in the tissue repair process in the case of:
- irritation and redness, including from diapers,
- post peeling, hair removal and laser interventions,
- navel of the newborn,
- acne scars,
- superficial wounds: cracks, scratches, grazes, abrasions, burns, minor, superficial cuts,
- deep wounds: surgical wounds, bedsores, ulcers.
Cicaialo gel is a medical and phytotherapeutic device studied and tested with this clinical study: “Evaluation of a preparation (cicaialo) based on hyaluronic acid, acemannan and jojoba oil to assist in the correlation of the burning / pain symptom and in the healing of erythema and scabs”, conducted by Dr. Alessandrini, dermatologist.
Cicaialo gel is a medical device (not a cosmetic !!!) which acts by protecting the wound that has damaged the dermis, creating an optimal environment for the repair processes and at the same time protecting the area from external physical agents (rubbing ) and bacterial. It is therefore not only a natural healing agent but an excellent healing agent for deep wounds and also to promote slow healing. It is necessary to dress the lesion with cicaialo gel morning and evening and use inert paraffin gauze, until the symptom is resolved.
For any clarification or for more information Contact us.
Follow us on our Facebook and Instagram channels
ALL RIGHT ARE RESERVED, THIS TEXT IS NOT REPRODUCIBLE WITHOUT EXPRESS AUTHORIZATION OF ERBORISTERIA COMO.
- Chirurgia vol. 1-2. Di Renzo Dionigi
- Fitoterapia, Capasso, 2005