The mother tincture of sage can be useful for counteracting menopausal disorders, as an anti-rheumatic, for oral hygiene. This tincture is hydroalcoholic extract (water, alcohol, aerial part ratio D / E 1/10) of Salvia (Salvia officinalis L.) aerial part.
Instructions for use: It is generally recommended to take 10-40 drops of Sage Mother Tincture diluted in a little water, 2-4 times a day.
The mother tincture of sage is useful for example for those who have irregular menstruation, due to the presence in it of plant principles with estrogenic action.
Curiosities from the scientific literature and recommended associations:
- menstruation: taken from the middle of the cycle and until the onset of menstruation for some cycles, it is especially useful in case of irregular menstruation and accentuation of acne disorders linked to ovarian disorders. When the menstrual cycle occurs after about 40 days (oligomenorrhea), therefore late, which is often synonymous with failure to ovulate and therefore requires counter-regulation. This occurrence is frequent following the suspension of the contraceptive pill, as if the ovary struggled to return to the ovulatory estrogenic rhythms after a forced break. 50 drops a day of mother tincture of sage is perfect for starting to menstruate regularly after a period of absence of estrogen.
- alopecia in menopause: in women during menopause, the appearance of alopecia (hair loss) may be linked to a decrease in ovarian function. Bergeret and Tétau suggest the use of Sage Mother Tincture internally at a dose of 50 drops, 3 times a day before meals and local rubbing. Among our cosmetics we offer you natural strengthening shampoo and spray. A clarification: it is good, if sudden hair loss occurs, to always do blood tests to first check any particularities (for example iron deficiency or other);
- rheumatism: a classic formulation is: Birch Mother Tincture and Officinal Sage in equal doses. Use: 15-20 drops per dose; 4 to 5 times a day on an empty stomach;
- oral hygiene: sage has been known and used since ancient times and by many peoples. Against canker sores, for example, we recommend Sage Mother Tincture 25-30 drops 2, 3 times a day.
Do you have irregular menstruation problems related to premenopause?
Among the plants that exert a modulating function of the female hormonal system and help to counteract the menstrual disorders of premenopause we find sage and chaste tree. Specifically:
- sage, known for its beneficial influence on the female genital system: tones ovarian functions, calms abdominal spasms, regulates menstruation that is too scarce or too abundant.
- chaste tree (fruit), on the other hand, acts at the level of the pituitary gland, stimulating the production of progestin hormones. It helps to live premenopause more peacefully, because it regulates the cycle and also obtains a calming effect, calming the autonomic symptoms such as anxiety, irritability, water retention and migraine.
In conclusion, Salvia and chaste tree can be used in alternation with each other, to “mimic” the correct succession of the estrogenic and progestin phases of the cycle. That’s how! taking from the 5th to the 17th day of the cycle 25 drops of mother tincture of sage in a little water twice a day; from the 17th to the 28th day 25 drops of mother tincture of chaste tree, always twice a day.
Brand: Erbe Nobili Spagyric Lab
Do you need help? Contact us